pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cleaning CDs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hoggy

Hoggy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Cleaning CDs Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning CDs   Cleaning CDs EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 8:12 am

I think that most people know I sing with a barbershop chorus. A lot of the guys can't read music and, for them, I provide CDs with their part on so they can learn by playing it continually. This is a true story - happened last night at rehearsal.

One of our new guys, Charlie, said that the CD I recently gave him doesn't play properly. I told him I had checked it out - as I do all of them - before issuing and it was working perfectly. He said that he lets his grandson play with his music and CDs (BAD NEWS!) and he noticed that this one had a lot of finger prints and sticky marks on it so he cleaned it. How? With a brush and a bowl of hot water with fairy liquid in it!!!!!!!!!!!! He gave it back to me and there are about two hundred scratches all over it. It is a miracle that it plays at all. He has also had to repair all his music with sellotape as his grandson has been tearing it up!

People never cease to amaze me..................
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112

Cleaning CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning CDs   Cleaning CDs EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 12:09 pm

lol!
makes you laugh dos'nt it what some people do, a friend washes his under the tap with fairey liquid,fingers only mind Very Happy i'm still using a kit i bought several years ago "allsop disc cleaner"works a treat. although the best way is to keep your fingers off them.
kids affraid
Back to top Go down
Hoggy

Hoggy

Number of posts : 13

Cleaning CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning CDs   Cleaning CDs EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 7:21 am

I use a JML semi-auto radial cleaning system. It's a rotary thing (by hand) and a bottle of cleaning solution. Works a treat. Just noticed that the cleaning solution - only half used - says "Use by 08/10/05" but still seems to be OK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleaning CDs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning CDs   Cleaning CDs Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleaning CDs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
pcnightmares :: general chat :: general chat-
Jump to: