pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Outlook Express

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hoggy

Hoggy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Outlook Express Empty
PostSubject: Outlook Express   Outlook Express EmptyTue Jun 26, 2007 6:02 am

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have now just about recovered from my illness after five months and been away for a spot of delayed convalescence in Buckinghamshire. Also been working hard to pick up the backlog after doing nothing for months. (Not good enough for a moderator do I hear you say?).

Anyway, that's not the purpose of this message. A pal of mine recently moved over to AVG after having all sorts of problems with Norton. He is not sorry he has done so but he tells me that, since changing, all his Outlook Express messages have a paper clip 'attachment' symbol on them even though there is no attachment with the message. He feels this is possibly something to do with AVG but I am at a loss as to how to advise him on this. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-04-10

Outlook Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlook Express   Outlook Express EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 5:20 am

I think he is right about it been AVG but its nothing to worry about. When you send an email AVG adds text at the bottom saying the email has been scanned by AVG, it also adds the text as an attachment, so thats what the paperclip is for.

I'm pretty sure thats it but perhaps someone could confirm.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Hoggy

Hoggy

Outlook Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlook Express   Outlook Express EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 11:10 am

Thanks Danny. Would welcome any other comments.
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112

Outlook Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlook Express   Outlook Express EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 12:37 pm

avg does send a message/attachment saying this message has been scanned by avg Smile
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112

Outlook Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlook Express   Outlook Express EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 12:39 pm

by the way glad to see you posting again Very Happy very nearly called you the other day to see how you were
Back to top Go down
Hoggy

Hoggy

Outlook Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlook Express   Outlook Express EmptyThu Jun 28, 2007 7:17 am

Waggers mate you can phone me any time you like. Always a pleasure talking to you. Happily all seems to be going pretty well now. I guess I am about 95% recovered (and I ought to be after five months). Still a few problems and my lungs are not completely clear but I can put up with this after what I had to go through earlier in the year.

Nice to be back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Outlook Express Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlook Express   Outlook Express Empty

Back to top Go down

Outlook Express
Page 1 of 1