pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone Seen The 911 Movie?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Anyone Seen The 911 Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Seen The 911 Movie?   Anyone Seen The 911 Movie? EmptyWed May 23, 2007 2:16 pm

Sorry but the name of the film escapes me - it was one my father and I watched recently during a visit home - on the Sky Premier channel (thus my latest absence lol).

It has an appalling write-up on IMDb, I remember stumbling across some critiques several months ago. Phrases such as 'Most boring movie ever' in the accompanying message boards were a clear indication of some people's insensitivity if you ask me.

Anyway, it was done in such a way as to avoid sensationalism and remain true to what actually occurred. This meant a lot of scenes from the air traffic control centre and the conversations between all of the key military personnel which is why, I presume, some numbskulls found it 'boring' *sigh*

I personally found it tense and more than just a little upsetting. The bravery shown by the passengers as a select group tackled the terrorists was unsurpassed. They seemingly came so very close to regaining some control. We do of course know of the events on the flight that never reached it's target thanks to the various phonecalls and so on that were made in-flight.

I am assuming that the bomb one of the terrorists was strapped up to was fake and there to deter a revolt. Said bomber made a call to his wife and left a message that he loved her. It was very thought-provoking to see how they portrayed the actual perps as looking nervous. This sure as hell is some powerful brainwashing these numbskulls swallow.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else has viewed the movie and if so, what they thought of it.

Lo
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Seen The 911 Movie?   Anyone Seen The 911 Movie? EmptyFri May 25, 2007 1:04 am

no i have'nt seen that yet, watched united flight 93 though, that was very moving
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Seen The 911 Movie?   Anyone Seen The 911 Movie? EmptyFri May 25, 2007 1:35 pm

waggers wrote:
no i have'nt seen that yet, watched united flight 93 though, that was very moving

I have since found this is one and the same I watched Clive. I liked the way they didn't over-sensationalise it and that the producers involved the families and gathered their opinions prior to the making of it.

Lo Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Seen The 911 Movie?   Anyone Seen The 911 Movie? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Seen The 911 Movie?
Page 1 of 1