pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

loading vista onto a sata drive

Go down 
AuthorMessage
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-03-30

loading vista onto a sata drive Empty
PostSubject: loading vista onto a sata drive   loading vista onto a sata drive EmptySat Mar 31, 2007 4:56 am

new hdd all formatted,start to install vista and get stuck on the page that it cannot detect any drives then click on load drivers,then browse and reckon its looking for the sata controller drivers,so i put in the floppy that came with my mobo,no joy i tried a few times so in the end i loaded xp and upgraded that to vista,not impressed with it,a upgrade never does the job right
so back to my xp and explore on the net, loads of people are having exactly the same prob so i loaded the files from that floppy onto another floppy (apparently vista can't search through folders !!) tried again same results !!, so back to my hdd xp and burn a cd with all those files on and try again, success this time and continue but theres no option to format,it says it will save the other files in an "old" folder,don't like that idea so i quit,reformatted the drive with seagate tools and started again.this time it loaded ok !! takes time to adjust to and will keep going back to it and change settings and drivers and see how it go's
Back to top Go down

loading vista onto a sata drive
Page 1 of 1