pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MSN Sign-in Failure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-01

MSN Sign-in Failure Empty
PostSubject: MSN Sign-in Failure   MSN Sign-in Failure EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:15 am

I can't get signed-in, even by clicking on a reply window in the old PCN site which usually by-passes the password business and signs me in automatically. Same on other MSN sites.

This has been going on since I logged on at 7 o'clock this morning and here is the message I get when I am on the sign-in page. What's the run-down on this folks? I can't access Messenger either Shocked

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

PostSubject: Re: MSN Sign-in Failure   MSN Sign-in Failure EmptyFri May 04, 2007 7:05 am

Solved!

Leaving my message in however - might benefit someone some day! I was going to do a system restore and that is when I noticed that the only available date for a restore was in Augustof this year Shocked

My date and time settings were 14th August, no wonder the security certificate for MSN was not available LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
billd2001

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-04-15

PostSubject: Re: MSN Sign-in Failure   MSN Sign-in Failure EmptySat May 05, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi P, I had similar or same when I went to log into paypal. It looks very good for a scam. I just deleted the window and logged in as normal with no problems. I tend to delete anything I'm slightly doubtful about. Even a woman in canada I've been talking to for around 4-5 years.
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: MSN Sign-in Failure   MSN Sign-in Failure EmptySun May 06, 2007 3:51 am

lo if the date/time changes on your pc then your cmos battery on the motherboard needs replacing, easy to do
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

PostSubject: Re: MSN Sign-in Failure   MSN Sign-in Failure EmptySun May 06, 2007 3:56 am

waggers wrote:
lo if the date/time changes on your pc then your cmos battery on the motherboard needs replacing, easy to do

Hi Clive,

Only did it not long ago - I think I must have done it manually by accident when looking up a date or something, if that's possible - never tried doing it purposely Very Happy

Cheers folks, I feel a bit silly now!
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: MSN Sign-in Failure   MSN Sign-in Failure EmptySun May 06, 2007 4:01 am

no need to feel silly lo Smile

you would'nt believe some of the things i've done in the past Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MSN Sign-in Failure   MSN Sign-in Failure Empty

Back to top Go down

MSN Sign-in Failure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
pcnightmares :: general chat :: general chat-
Jump to: