pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New tomb raider game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bladedanny

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-04-10

New tomb raider game Empty
PostSubject: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 8:20 am

Does any one know an exact date for the new tomb raider anaversary game, it says May 2007 but id've thought they'd be an exact date by now,

Any ideas any one??

cheers
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Admin
roadrunner

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 11:27 am

From what a believe, it is released in the US on may 15th, then released here on June 5th for PS2 and PC Platforms.

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 2:06 pm

Cool cheers, missleading of HMV to say preorder out may 2007,

cheers though
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyFri May 04, 2007 2:22 am

On Eidos forums they say Anniversary is out here on 25th May.

I think it's something of a TR1 remake. But I am yet to finish Legend due to the PC controls Shocked
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptySat May 05, 2007 6:15 am

Yer i read that it comes out 25th May but ive also read its got moved back to 5th June.

It it a TR1 remake but also with added features apparently.

Finished legend in 2 days, but that was on PS2 so don't know if the controls are much different.
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptySun May 06, 2007 4:07 am

Hi Danny,

I actually bought a gamepad for the PC but didn't bother installing it yet. I tried AOD on someone's PS2 and being so accustomed to using the keyboard I was even worse using the camera on the game controller affraid

In Legend I am stuck in that room with the guy who is shooting bolts at Lara and powers-up on the four ledges. Lara has to shoot out the jewels or something to collapse the structures but when armed and on auto-aim, the visuals go to pot and Lara runs backwards and stares up into the air. I've seen this bit being completed on Youtube and the gameplay looks like it did in TR1-6, smooth and in the third person perspective whereas my visuals and camera is all over the place. Embarassed

Try looking at Amazon or Play.com for a pre-order date. I'm not buying it until it drops in price seeing as I haven't even finished AOD either yet. On AOD I am stuck playing Kurtis Trent, trying and failing to defeat Boaz!

I hate the new controls in Legend, why couldn't they just stick to the original ones? Always faffing around with perfectly workable methods and ruining the fluidity of the game.

Oh and the pick-ups in Legend were so obvious! Also there was no real exploration to be done, you were practically herded along a set route. I was a bit disappointed. It's all well and good having improved graphics but not if it compromises the quality of the gameplay Sad

Here's the link for the Eidos index (Anniversary is up the top but there is also a section 'Tomb Raider Series' among their other franchises (it's a message board and there are loads of threads about TRA cheers

http://forums.eidosgames.com/index.php
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyMon May 07, 2007 1:12 pm

God i'm glad i stuck with the PS2 version. I had to pre order the game as i just love TR games. And i also am stuck on the boaz bit on AOD but ive just given up on that lol.

I'll let everyone know if aniversary is worth getting.
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyMon May 07, 2007 5:11 pm

I think it's a sort of remake of TR1 as I said which should be cool - no more pixelated scenery!

Oh and I got Legend out yesterday, first time in a year and I practised it, started over from scratch. The hardest part for me is swimming and also she gets hardly any time before running out of breath! I managed to actually get past the level I was stuck on last year woo hoo!

The motorbiking parts were awesome. In fact I saved on those levels so I could go back and explore on foot (some of the way anyway, I haven't got ten years to spare) lol! I outrun the train no problem without crashing or going over any edges.

I'm now stuck in that room with Amanda the monster. I've been thrown off the Tersa gun three times which is as annoying as being up against Boaz. But some day I am gonna have to get that Boaz level done else I'll never get to the end! I'll share my tips if I haven't snapped the disk in half by the end of the level Rolling Eyes Mad Laughing
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptySat May 26, 2007 12:08 pm

Went on holiday on friday the 18th to spain due to come back on the 25th which i believed to be the release date for the new tombraider, got back home hoping it will be here for saturday, checked on the HMV website and now its the 1st of june, i'm well annoyed, i know its less than a week but i remember they did it with AOD and that got knocked back a few months! Hope it doesnt happen to this one.

Anyway thats my rant over lol.

Main point was to let everyone know (if you didnt already) the release date has been moved back.
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyTue May 29, 2007 8:36 am

5th of June mate - so far!!! The demo is out though. You can download it Wink I won't be getting it until Christmas and I don't want any spoilers so won't be demo-ing LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyTue May 29, 2007 11:31 am

how can you wait 6 months lol!
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyMon Jun 04, 2007 1:51 am

Dont know lol, but 3 days after the release date... still no game, won't be pre ordering things off HMV again
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 4:05 am

I know I've been going on about it (lol) but i thaught id better leave the last installment.

It arrived...

lol
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 1:21 pm

i don't think we will hear anymore from you for a while then lol!

let us know what you think to it,i'm sure hp would love to know Laughing
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyFri Jun 08, 2007 3:45 pm

waggers wrote:
i don't think we will hear anymore from you for a while then lol!

let us know what you think to it,i'm sure hp would love to know Laughing

I've been reading some very mixed reviews Danny and Waggers. It's that old chestnut, the controls again No

Hated them in Legend and am now considering not asking for nor buying the game. I might pick it up when it's in the bargain bucket in February of next year lol!
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 5:40 am

The controls are slightly different from legend, like theyve brought the 'Walk' button back and a manual grab (seen as she doesn't always want to do it herself)

The gameplay i think is spot on, Its good how it is actualy a Tomb Raider rather than something like Jungle Raider or Venice Raider.

Old Gun setup aswell with Just pistols Shotgun Uzi and Magnums (altho now known as SMG & 45 Calibur)

The only downside that i have found (as of yet) is that I've got a fair idea of what i'm doing and whats going to be round the next corner because i can still remember playing it on the 1st tomb raider (if that makes any sense), But thats just a small downside as thet have changed enough for it to be interesting.

Its a good game worth getting, but if your not an ultra big fan of tomb raider it is a game you can wait for.
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 11:24 am

Are you on PC or PS Danny ?
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 12:33 pm

PS2, so i don't know what PC controls are like, although i believe that you can buy PC controls with the same layout as PS2 and program them to be the same
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 5:14 am

bladedanny wrote:
PS2, so i don't know what PC controls are like, although i believe that you can buy PC controls with the same layout as PS2 and program them to be the same

Yes mate, you can get a gamepad as I have done but in truth I haven't even installed it yet!

I had a bash on a mate's PS2 with Angel of Darkness and was so unaccustomed to the gamepad that I found it rather awkward. It didn't help matters that he didn't have a memory card so I was forced to start over and we all know just how boring the training level is Sleep

I have been locked in a heated debate over on Eidos about the next gen controls and have taken quite a verbal bashing - all adds to the excitement! Only a few have come to my rescue and agreed that for PC users, the control configuration is frankly, diabolical.

It all revolves aroung the camera. Prince of Persia is much the same and even my brother, an adept gamer, can't work it for it involves moving the mouse to adjust the visuals - hardly ideal because you need to keep both hands on the keyboard during tightly-timed runs.

I am fed up with this 'improvement' - something that is about as much as of an inprovement as Gordon Brown running the country affraid LOL!

Let me know how you fair with the game Danny.

I don't think I'll be buying it until it's in PC World's bargain bucket for a buck fifty lol!
Back to top Go down
bladedanny

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 1:39 pm

I'm really enjoying the game, the camera is controled by the right analogue stick and the movement the left, so fairly easy.

At the moment i'm on the Cistern level (now blended into the tomb of tichoon, or wotever it is).

Theres so much little differences that make the game good, kinda takes you back, Although they have sliped up on certain things, a small non spoiling one is that in the new one the pool in the house has not been completed yet wheras in the old one it was fine, I know its only small stupid things but things like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tomb raider game   New tomb raider game Empty

Back to top Go down

New tomb raider game
Page 1 of 1