pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AOHELL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jonnymcmurphy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-09

AOHELL Empty
PostSubject: AOHELL   AOHELL EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 6:58 am

I am currently with AOL broadband with my ISP I am having a few problems was wondering if anyone could help,

The first i am having is i am using Mozilla Firefox as my my main browser, but recently every time i try to open it an annoying dialler box appears and doesn't go onto home page me in advance so have to use internet explorer at moment

And secondly my java runtime seems to have crashed evry time i try and use java or anything related to java it seems to crash and a message comes up mentioning "A fatal error has occured" then it crashes me out of everything.

I have updated Java several times, deleted it reinstalled, did virus scan after virus scan, been on phone to AOL in Bombay getting nowhere, anyone else have these problems? If so how to you rectify it?

Help would be very much appreciated
afro
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Admin
roadrunner

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-01

AOHELL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOHELL   AOHELL EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 10:25 am

Hi and welcome

Looking into this problem, both problems that you have listed could be linked, possibly cause by a trojan or some virus that is not detected by your virus scanner. I suggest using trend micro housecall, http://housecall.trendmicro.com and/or www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner which will do a check of your computer for any virus or trojan that may be on your machine.

This will give us a benchmark to work from in further troubleshooting of this problem

Hope this helps

Roadrunner
flower
Back to top Go down
jonnymcmurphy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-07-09

AOHELL Empty
PostSubject: Re: AOHELL   AOHELL EmptyMon Jul 09, 2007 2:13 pm

Thanks Roadrunner that seems to have helped emmesilly king Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content