pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Panasonic TZ3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hoggy

Hoggy

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Panasonic TZ3 Empty
PostSubject: Panasonic TZ3   Panasonic TZ3 EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 3:24 am

OK, I have said elsewhere that I always have Fuji digicams - and I have until now but just bought a new Panasonic Lumix TZ3 after seeing it advertised and very highly recommended in ComputerActive mag. The rrp is £300 but it can be bought online for £218. An excellent camera with 10x optical zoom, Leica lens and a whopping great three inch LCD monitor. The SD memory card will take something like 560 pics at maximum 7.2 megapixel resolution. The camera has a nice, solid chunky feel to it and will comfortably fit into a pocket (or handbag, ladies). Loads of features on it - far too many to mention here.

The downside of this transaction was that I bought it from Camerabox and this proved to be something of a mistake although my problems are mostly settled now. I ordered a multi card reader at the same time (my PC does not have its own card readers and I prefer this system to plugging directly into the PC). The card reader did not work and I tried it in three different machines. I have sent it back (at my expense) for a refund. To be on the safe side I ordered two SD cards (one is not provided in the package - only internal memory). Only one was sent but, to be fair, they immediately sent the second without question when I eventually got through to them. The actual order was placed on Saturday and their 'guarantee' is that an order placed on Saturday will be delivered on Tuesday. I also received a telephone call and email on Monday telling me that my camera had been dispatched and would arrive the following day. Waited in all day Tuesday but no delivery. Tried to ring them on Wednesday but could not get through. Tried to get them on Instant Messenger (a service they advertise) but nobody there. Sent an email but nobody replied. I eventually sent a very strong email in bold letters coloured red (to get attention). The reply I got said that the stock had only come in on Tuesday evening so there was no way they could have got it to me. When I queried with them why they had told me by telephone and email that the goods were dispatched on Monday, they chose not to answer. I am now awaiting the outcome of my request for a refund on the card reader.

Camerabox are a company to be avoided, I would suggest.
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Panasonic TZ3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panasonic TZ3   Panasonic TZ3 EmptySun Jul 01, 2007 1:19 pm

always a shame when let down by a internet company,only way to combat this is by people giving feedback,like yourself john,on who is rubbish and to avoid.
i have used the internet myself extensively for buying computer parts,complete bath room, koi pond equipment, sat/nav,etc. had some major problems with ebuyer and a few minor hiccups with others. some are brilliant,some good and then the very poor ones. i've actually found that alot of the ebay sellers are excellent for price,just watch the postal charges though and try a few sellers before buying. worth trying john,set up a paypal account to pay for goods and when you need something do several search's,you'll be surprised
Back to top Go down

Panasonic TZ3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
pcnightmares :: general chat :: general chat-
Jump to: