pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Password Strength Checker

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Password Strength Checker Empty
PostSubject: Password Strength Checker   Password Strength Checker EmptyFri May 04, 2007 6:49 am

Test the strength of passwords on Microsoft's secure pages.

As you begin typing a password out, the bar will fluctuate between weak and strong as you progress.

My advice to anyone where passwords are concerned is to fluctuate the characters between capitals and non-capitals, use a foreign language and incorporate all available character amounts. If you can have up to 20 digits/characters then use 20 and mix letters with numbers and symbols Very Happy

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/privacy/password_checker.mspx
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Password Strength Checker   Password Strength Checker EmptySun May 06, 2007 4:02 am

my problem is remembering it Embarassed
Back to top Go down
High_Priestess10
Admin
High_Priestess10

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Password Strength Checker   Password Strength Checker EmptySun May 06, 2007 4:13 am

Funny that Clive as when I set mine I had the caps lock key on accidentally. Took me ages to work out why it wasn't working so now all the caps have to be small and vice versa so I always shove the caps lock key on first lol!

Then I forget to knock the caps key off and enter a post somewhere without looking at the screen and it goes something like this:

'hI ALL, JUST THOUGHT YOU'D BE INTERESTED TO KNOW...' and I get to paragraph six before realising Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Password Strength Checker   Password Strength Checker Empty

Back to top Go down

Password Strength Checker
Page 1 of 1