pcnightmares
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
pcnightmares

free advice on pc problems

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How you can get ripped off when buying.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
billd2001

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-04-15

How you can get ripped off when buying. Empty
PostSubject: How you can get ripped off when buying.   How you can get ripped off when buying. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 11:11 am

True story this so it pays to do your homework first.
My digital control box (Potterton) for the central heating went on the blink. The info displayed on the face faded away. I went on to some forums in search of the reason. I came across the same problem on one and the answer was that the battery needed replacing, (I didn't know it even had a battery).
I hooked out the battery and went to ebay and purchased 3 at £0.90 each.
Not knowing how long they would take to arrive, because the chap emailed saying that he was due out on holiday but would try to post straight away, I called into a plumbing shop on our industrial estate. I said to the bloke 'Would you have a varta 3.5 battery in stock' he said what for central heating.' Yes was my reply. He came out from the back with a poly bag containg the said battery and started tapping on the computer. ' With VAT that will be £9.75'. I told him in no uncertain terms to stick it up his whatsit. I said to him that I'd bought 3 at £0.90 each on ebay. He says yes you probably can on the internet - but this has got potterton written on it. I walked out laughing my head off because I think that he was serious.
Back to top Go down
waggers

waggers

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-03-30

PostSubject: Re: How you can get ripped off when buying.   How you can get ripped off when buying. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 1:00 pm

your so right,there are great savings on ebay and i've even managed to get things that the manufacture can't supply me with. next day delivery in most cases and at a fraction of the cost
Back to top Go down
lace

lace

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: ebay   How you can get ripped off when buying. EmptyFri May 18, 2007 3:16 am

Very true.
lts a well known fact that 99% of shoppers with an internet connection will search eBay if only for price comparison and l don't blame em!

l recently priced up one of those pet hair friendly Vax hoovers - £160 in some stores.....jumped for joy when l got one off of eBay for £12.01 plus £10 delivery!!!!

Ok so it was not in original box but it was still brand new/sealed with full warranty and info. And delivered within 48 hours!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you can get ripped off when buying.   How you can get ripped off when buying. Empty

Back to top Go down

How you can get ripped off when buying.
Page 1 of 1